The Department of Health Statistics of the National Institute for Health Development operates as a central unit that is in charge of health statistics in Estonia.
Health statistics involves data about the health status and health behaviour of the population, utilization of health care services as well as health care resources and their usage. The health statistics has common elements with the statistics of population, social protection, welfare services, occupational health and other fields.
The Department of Health Statistics does data collection, analyses and publishing of health and health care statistics in accordance with internationally approved methodologies.
The statistical information is produced by following the principles of objectivity, reliability, relevance, confidentiality and transparency.
In compiling and publishing of data, co-operation is done within the institute between different departments, and with other state institutions, professional associations and units as well as with international organizations.
We are also responsible for regular submission of Estonian health and health care statistics to international organizations.
The Department of Health Statistics offers data users:
- regular publishing of statistics in the health statistics and health research database
- analyses and
In addition, users are welcomed to send us information requests on health and health care statistics.
Our national and international partners
- Statistics Estonia
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Estonian Health Insurance Fund
- Health Board
- Health and Welfare Information Systems Centre
- State Agency of Medicines
- Estonian Road Administration
- Labour Inspectorate
- Estonian Myocardial Infarction Registry
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- WHO Regional Office for Europe
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Head of the Department of Health Statistics
Phone: +372 659 3814